The Autumn 2012 issue (December 19 is the last day of autumn) of the Mayflower Descendant (of which I am the editor), was transmitted to the printer today. Subscribers should see it in their mailbox sometime in January. If you want to subscribe, here is the Subscription Form. The new issue has a number of great articles:
- Transcription of the "Brewster Book" continues with some fascinating provision lists, instructions on caring for cattle at sea, some alchemaic notes, receipts from selling off some of William Brewster's books, and more.
- Conclusion of Simon Neal's investigation into the origins of Mary, wife of Stephen Hopkins, this time focusing on the Machell family.
- Continuation of the 17th Century town records of Marshfield.
- Wine import records, 1610-1615, for Christopher Jones' Mayflower.
- Genealogical articles on John Freeman of Cape Cod and Seth C. Billington of Bennington, Vermont.
- Part One of a republication of Sabine Staresmore's Unlawfulness of Reading in Prayer (1619).
- Transcrpition of a deed signed by Josiah Winslow.